Life is filled with regrets. Ask anyone around you what their regrets are and they usually have no difficulty coming up with many items on their “regret list.” And for some reason our twenties are ripe for a field of regrets.
人生总是充满遗憾。问问你周围的人他们有没有遗憾的事情,他们会轻而易举的列出一大堆“遗憾清单”。由于某些原因,20多岁最容易犯错的年纪。
Perhaps it’s because as we get older we look back on that period of adulthood as the height of freedom and autonomy. As move into middle age, we look back and wish that we had made better choices and taken more opportunities. Here’s a list of things that we regret not doing in our 20s.
也许是因为随着年龄的增长,当我们再次回顾那段时光,会发现那是一段充满自由和独立的时光。随着我们步入中年,我们经常希望:要是我们能再有更多选择的机会多好啊!以下就列举了一些如果我们在20来岁没有做就会让我们后悔的事情:
1. Traveling more
多旅行
I regret not travelling more, and so does nearly everyone that I have asked. Before kids, and mortgages and marriages, when our commitments and expenses were lower, the opportunities for travel were much greater, but for some reason many of us thought we’d always have time for travel later.
我后悔没有到更多的地方去旅行,而且几乎我问过的每个人都会这样说。在有孩子之前、在抵押贷款和结婚之前,在我们需要承担的责任和花销较少时,正是旅游的大好机,但是由于种种原因,我们总觉得我们以后会有更多的时间去旅行。
We dreamed of visiting the pyramids of Egypt, surfing off the Hawaiian coast, dining at a Parisian café, drinking espresso in Rome, trekking through the rainforest, and so much more. Sadly, many of us never made these journeys and the opportunity passed us by.
我们梦想过去埃及看金字塔,在夏威夷海边冲浪,在巴黎的咖啡馆共进晚餐,在罗马品尝香浓的咖啡,徒步穿越热带雨林等等诸如此类的计划。可悲的是,大部分人都没有付诸行动,只是看着机会白白溜走。
2. Investing early
早投资
How many times have we kicked ourselves for not starting our 401Ks,in our twenties, for not putting our excess cash in long term investments, for not investing in our future early. No matter how much we try, we can never get back the head start that we missed. Playing catch up in our 40’s and 50’s is very difficult.
3. Being more responsible with spending
更合理的安排支出
In order to invest in our retirement or save for that down payment, we would have needed to make wiser financial spending choices. Things like buying or holding on to that perfectly reliable used car, instead of splurging on the new model…because we could, eating out less and saving for a house instead, buying fewer shoes and purses and clothes and paying off student loans sooner. So many saving opportunities lost, money spent on tangible things, instead of on the future.
为了退休后的投资或房子的首付,我们需要更合理的理财。比如说买一辆不错的二手车,而不是把钱浪费在新款车型上……我们也可以减少外出就餐,攒钱买房子,少买点鞋子和衣服,提前还清助学贷款。这么多的攒钱机会都错过了,我们用钱换来了很多实实在在的物品,却没有更多关注我们的未来。
4. Better planning
更好的规划人生
I regret not focusing more on where I wanted to go in life, what I wanted to do, who I wanted to be and what it would take to get there. With some more planning in our twenties, we’d be further ahead in our 40s and perhaps a bit happier as well.
我后悔我没有仔细思考我的人生道路,我想要做的`事情,我想成为一个什么样的人以及如何才能实现。如果在20多岁的时候我们能更好的规划人生,我们在40多岁的时候就会更上一层楼,也许还会感觉到更幸福。
5. Seizing more experiences
更多的人生体验
I wish I had learned to ski and paint, speak Italian and do the Tango. I regret not living somewhere else before settling down. Others have said they regret not pursuing their hobbies or learning to sky dive or mountain climb. I prefer to stay on the ground, but I do regret not learning more, not trying new things that are hard to fit into the life of a forty something working wife and mother.
我多希望我以前学会了滑雪、画画,会说意大利语,会跳探戈。我后悔在安定下来之前没有在别的地方生活过。很多人也都和我一样后悔没有持之以恒的培养自己的爱好,没有学跳伞,没有去爬山。我确实更喜欢务实,但也很后悔没有去学更多的东西,没有尝试新事物,这些事物已经无法再融入一个40岁的全职妻子加母亲的生活中了。
6. Living a more active lifestyle
更积极向上的生活方式
The bodies of youth are wasted on the young… I wish I had run a marathon before my knees ached, that I had biked more, hiked more, and took spinning classes when my legs were stronger. I regret not joining a softball team or volleyball league. We don’t often realize that we have squandered our physical abilities until things start aching and creaking.
年轻的时候,我们肆意的挥霍着我们的青春活力……我多想在我膝关节疼痛之前能跑场马拉松,多骑骑自行车、多走走看看,在腿脚强健的时候多骑骑动感单车。我后悔没有参加垒球社团或排球联盟。总是等到体力透支病痛来袭,我们才意识到年轻时锻炼的可贵。
7. Making more friends
交更多的朋友
I regret not reaching out more, putting more effort into creating a tribe of support that would carry me through more difficult times. We socialize sure, but many of us don’t put enough importance on building deep and lasting friendships. Some do, many don’t and wish they had.
我后悔没有更多的伸出手去,没有更努力去结交那么一伙儿可以陪我度过更多艰难时光的朋友。我们确实也有交际,但是大多数人并没有把重心放在建立更深更持久的友情上面。一些人做到了,但是还有很人却没有,他们希望当初曾为友情努力过。
8. Pursuing a more meaningful career
追求一份更有意义的职业
Many of us wish we had taken more career risks, opted for meaning over money, pursued the career path we wanted instead of what we were expected to do or simply following the path that was laid out before us. How much better to have explored our options and pursued meaningful work in our twenties than to have spent 20 years doing something we don’t love.
大部分人都是听从别人的期待去工作或者按照别人铺好的路去走,而不愿冒更多的职业风险和遵循我们的内心去工作挣钱。比起20多年一直从事自己不喜欢的工作,能在20多岁时自己选择并去追求一份更有意义的工作是多么的好啊!
Life is good; don’t misunderstand. Few of us walk around every day pining for our youth, at least I hope not, but we do occasionally look back with a wistful sigh and wish that we planned more, lived more, and stretched ourselves more when we had the freedom and energy to do so.
毋庸置疑,生活是美好的。很少有人每天四处走走缅怀我们的青春,但是我们确实会偶尔若有所思的边叹气边回忆:多么希望当我们身心自由和精力旺盛的时候,能有更多的计划、更多的活法去扩展自己。
1.Talking about daily activities 谈论日常活动
1. What time do you go to bed at night? 你晚上几点钟睡觉?
2. I usually go to bed at half past ten. 我通常十点半睡觉。
3. My mother gets up at six o'clock every day. 我妈妈每天六点钟起床。
4. Kate went to bed earlier than I did last night. 昨晚凯特比我早上床睡觉。
5. After I have breakfast, I go to work. 我吃完早餐就去上班。
6. In the evening I usually have a big supper. 晚上我通常吃一顿丰富的晚餐。
7. I have milk, cereal and bread for breakfast. 我早餐喝牛奶,吃麦片粥和面包。
8. I finish work at about 5:00 pm. 我大概下午5点结束工作。
9. I reach school at half past seven every day. 我每天7点半到达学校。
10. I have four classes in the morning and two in the afternoon. 我早上上四节课,下午上两节。
11. I go out for lunch at twelve. 我十二点出去吃午饭。
12. I leave the house at seven ten every morning. 我每天早上7点10分离开家里。
13. I eat dinner at about seven o'clock with my parents. 我大概7点左右和父母一起吃晚饭。
14. Before I have dinner, usually I take a bath. 吃晚饭以前,我通常先洗澡。
15. I watch TV till ten at night. 我晚上看电视看到10点。
2.Talking about yesterday's activities 谈论昨天的.活动
16. What time did you get up yesterday morning? 昨天早上你几点钟起床?
17. I overslept and got up at eight. 我睡过头了,8点钟才起床。
18. My sister got up earlier than I did. 我妹妹比我起得早。
19. Did you get dressed right away? 你马上就穿衣服了吗?
20. Yes, I got dressed and had breakfast. 是的,我穿好衣服就去吃早餐。
21. What did you have for breakfast? 你早餐吃了什么?
22. What time did you get to work yesterday morning? 昨天早上你几点钟开始工作?
23. I arrived at the company at eight forty-five, and began my work at nine. 我8:45到公司,9点钟开始工作。
24. Did you work all day? 你工作了一整天吗?
25. Yes, I worked from early morning until late at night. 是的,我从清早一直工作到深夜。
26. I had lunch with my friend at one o'clock. 我一点钟和朋友吃午饭。
27. I finished working at six and went to the restaurant. 我六点钟结束工作,然后去了饭店。
28. After dinner, I went to the cinema with my friends. 晚饭后,我和朋友去了看电影。
29. I went home at eleven. 我十一点到家。
30. I went to sleep immediately and slept soundly all night. 我很快就入睡了,而且整个晚上都睡得很好。
3.Meeting a friend 访友
31. What did you do on Sunday? 你星期天做了什么?
32. I went to see a friend of mine. 我去看我一个朋友。
33. Did you go to the library yesterday afternoon? 你昨天下午去了图书馆没有?
34. I didn't go to the library, but I went swimming. 我没有去图书馆,但去了游泳。
35. What did you talked about? 你们谈了些什么?
36. We talked about the concert. 我们谈论那场音乐会。
37. I asked her a few questions. 我问了她几个问题。
38. What did you ask her? 你问了她什么?
39. I asked her if she liked classical music. 我问她喜不喜欢古典音乐。
40. She said she loved orchestra music. 她说她喜欢管弦乐。
41. Then I asked her if she liked Chinese music. 然后我问她喜不喜欢中国音乐。
42. She said she knew little about Chinese music. 她说她对中国音乐几乎一无所知。
43. Finally, I asked her how old she is. 最后,我问她多大了。
44. She said she would rather not tell her age. 她说她还是不告诉我年龄为好。
45. She answered most of my questions. 她回答了我大部分的问题。
4.Talking about last year's activities 谈论去年的活动
46. What time did you use to go to work last year? 去年你通常在什么时候上班?
47. I usually left my home at eight o'clock. 我通常8点钟离开家。
48. I used to get up at about twenty past seven. 我通常大概7:20起床。
49. But sometimes I overslept. 但有时候我会睡过头。
50. I used to have breakfast at half past seven. 我总是7点半吃早餐。
51. I always started working at nine in the morning. 我总是在早上9点开始工作。
52. I used to have lunch at the canteen at ten past twelve. 我常常在12:10在小餐厅吃午饭。
53. We had a meeting on every Monday morning. 我们每个星期一早上开会。
54. I worked until half past five each day. 我每天工作到5点半。
55. I read the newspaper for half an hour before I went to bed. 我上床睡觉前看半小时报纸。
56. Mary and Lucy used to go to many places together. 玛丽和露西以前常常一起去很多地方。
57. We went fishing once a week. 我们一星期去钓一次鱼。
58. We used to go to the movies on weekends. 我们以前常常在周末去看电影。
59. John used to speak English to me all the time. 约翰过去总是和我说英语。
60. I used to go shopping with my sister. 以前我常常和我的姐妹一起去买东西。
5.Asking about addresses 询问地址
61. Where do you live? 你住在哪里?
62. I live on Washington Street. 我住在华盛顿街。
63. What's your address? 请问你的地址?
64. I live at 2 Galaxy Road. 我住在银河路2号。
65. I am Mr. Johnson's next-door neighbor. 我是约翰逊先生的邻居。
66. You live here in New York, don't you? 你住在纽约,对吗?
67. I'm from out of town. 我住在城外。
68. How long have you lived here? 你在这里住了多久了?
69. I've lived here for more than ten years. 我在这里住了十多年了。
70. We've known each other for over three years. 我们已经认识超过三年了。
71. My mother has spoken Chinese all her life. 我妈妈讲了一辈子中文。
72. I've already finished my homework. 我已经做完功课了。
73. Have you studied English very long? 你学英语已经很久了吗?
74. Have you had supper already? 你吃过晚饭了吗?
75. Yes, I had supper with my friends at a restaurant. 是的,我和朋友在饭店吃过晚饭了。
6.Talking about future activities 谈论未来的活动
76. What time are you going to get up tomorrow? 明天你打算什么时候起床?
77. I'll get up at seven o'clock so that I can catch the bus. 我7点钟起床才能赶上公车。
78. What will you do after you get up? 起床后你将做什么?
79. After I get dressed, I will have breakfast. 我穿好衣服后就吃早餐。
80. When will you go to work? 你什么时候去上班?
81. I'll leave home at seven forty and reach the office at half past eight. 我会在7:40离开家,8点半到办公室。
82. I'll have to get ready for a meeting before nine. 我必须在9点以前准备好开会。
83. I'll probably go out for lunch with my colleagues at twelve. 我大概会在12点和同事一起出去吃午饭。
84. We'll have lunch at a canteen not far away from the office. 我们会去一家离办公室不远的小餐厅吃午饭。
85. In the afternoon there will be an appointment with one of my clients. 下午我约了一个客户。
86. I'll finish working at about six o'clock and get home at seven. 我将在6点左右结束工作,7点钟到家。
87. Are you going to have dinner at home tomorrow night? 明天晚上你准备在家吃饭吗?
88. Are you going to Linda's birthday party tomorrow night? 你明天晚上去参加琳达的生日晚会吗?
89. I'm afraid I can't go because I have to take care of my little sister. 恐怕我去不了,因为我要照顾妹妹。
90. I'll finish the novel tonight and then go to bed. 我今晚要看完那本小说,然后上床睡觉。
1、那小姐相貌娇美,肤色白腻,别说北地罕有如此佳丽,即令江南也极为少有,她身穿一件葱绿织锦的皮袄,颜色甚是鲜艳,但在她容光映照之下,再灿烂的锦缎也已显得黯然无色。
2、她红衣罩体,修长的玉颈下,一片酥胸如凝脂白玉,半遮半掩,素腰一束,竟不盈一握,一双颀长水润匀称的秀腿裸露着,就连秀美的莲足也在无声地妖娆着,发出诱人的邀请。这女子的装束无疑是极其艳冶的`,但这艳冶与她的神态相比,似乎逊色了许多。她的大眼睛含笑含俏含妖,水遮雾绕地,媚意荡漾,小巧的嘴角微微翘起,红唇微张,欲引人一亲丰泽,这是一个从骨子里散发着妖媚的女人,她似乎无时无刻都在引诱着男人,牵动着男人的神经。
3、忽然身后有人轻轻一笑,郭靖转过头去,水声响动,一叶扁舟从树丛中飘了出来,只见船尾一个女子持桨荡舟,长发披肩,全身白衣,头发上束了条金带,白雪一映,更是灿然生光,郭靖见这少女一身装束犹如仙女一般,不禁看得呆了。那船慢慢荡近,只见那女子方当韶龄,不过十五六岁年纪,肌肤胜雪,娇美无比,容色绝丽,不可逼视。
4、南兰约莫二十二三岁,肤光胜雪,眉目如画,竟是一个绝色丽人。
5、见乔津亭白衣洁净,如琼枝一树,栽种在青山绿水之间,尽得天地之精华;又似昆仑美玉,落于东南一隅,散发着淡淡华彩,不由一呆。
6、只见她一张鹅蛋粉脸,长方形大眼睛顾盼有神,粉面红唇,身量亦十分娇小,上身一件玫瑰紫缎子水红锦袄,绣了繁密的花纹,衣襟上皆镶真珠翠领,外罩金边琵琶襟外袄,系一条粉霞锦绶藕丝缎裙,整个人恰如一枝笑迎春风的艳艳碧桃,十分娇艳。迎春髻上一支金丝八宝攒珠钗闪耀夺目,另点缀珠翠无数,一团珠光宝气。
7、那女孩有一双晶亮的眸子,明净清澈,灿若繁星,不知她想到了什么,对着自己兴奋的一笑,眼睛弯的像月牙儿一样,仿佛那灵韵也溢了出来。一颦一笑之间,高贵的神色自然流露,让人不得不惊叹于她清雅灵秀的光芒。
8、穿紫衣,身材苗条,正是途中所遇那个骑白马的女子,只见她一张瓜子脸,双眉修长,肤色虽然微黑,却掩不了姿形秀丽,容光照人,火光映在袁紫衣脸上,红红的愈增娇艳。
9、那少女十七八岁年纪,圆圆的脸蛋,一双大眼黑溜溜的,这时累得额头见汗,左颊上一条汗水流了下来,直流到颈中,她伸左手衣袖擦了擦,脸上红得象屋檐下挂着的一串串红辣椒。
10、这少女十八九岁年纪,一张圆圆的鹅蛋脸,眼珠子黑漆漆的,两颊晕红,周身透着一股青春活泼的气息。
11、只见离大路数十丈处有个大花圃,一个身穿青布衫子的村女弯着腰在整理花草。她除了一双眼睛外,容貌却是平平,肌肤枯黄,脸有菜色,似乎终年吃不饱饭似的,头发也是又黄又稀,双肩如削,身材瘦小,显是穷村贫女,自幼便少了滋养,她相貌似乎已有十六七岁,身形却如是个十四五岁的幼女。
12、只见一个少女穿着淡绿衫子,从庙□快步而出,但见她双眉弯弯,小小的鼻子微微上翘,脸如白玉,颜若朝华,正是郭芙。她服饰打扮也不如何华贵,只项颈中挂了一串明珠,发出淡淡光晕,映得她更是粉装玉琢一般。