1、No pains, no gains.
一份耕耘,一份收获
2、You ain't seen nothing yet.
你还没看过更好(烂)的;好戏还在后头
3、To give a rain check.
改天的`邀请
4、That's what friends are for.
这就是好朋友啊
5、It's a pain in the neck.
很讨厌而难避免
6、It's the thought that counts.
心意最重要;重在情意
7、The tip for the iceberg.
冰山一角;危险的细微的征兆
8、Jump down someone's throat.
粗暴地回答某人;无理地打断某人的话
9、Save something for a rainy day.
以备不时之需
10、Behind the scenes.
在幕后;在黑暗中
11、By the skin of one's teeth.
刚好,勉强,侥幸
12、Don't rock the boat.
不要破坏现状、捣乱
13、Worth its weight in gold.
很有价值的
14、Speak for the devil.
说曹操曹操到
1. stand someone up放(某人)鸽子
2. So that explains it.原来如此。
3. I feel the same way。我有同感。
4. Is there someone else?你是不是有了新欢?
5. I can’t help myself.我情不自禁。
6. come hell or highwater不论发生什么状况都要去完成使命。
7. have something in common指彼此有着共通点。
8. What have you got to lose?当别人犹豫不决,可用这句话增强对方的决心。
9. You shouldn’t be so hard on yourself.这句话是用来安慰他人的,当有人对于自己太过苛责,可以跟对方说这句话。
10. I was being polite.我这是在说客气话。
11.It’s not like that.不是那样的。
12. There is nothing good playing. 没好电影可看。
13. I’ve gotten carried away.我扯太远了。
14. Good thing... 还好,幸好…
15. I don’t believe you’re bringing this up. 你现在提这件事真是岂有此理。
16. spy on... 跟监(某人)
17. There’s no other way of saying it.没有别种说法。
18. That will not always be the case. 情况不会永远是这样。
19. She is coming on to you.她对你有意思。
20. Don’t get me started on it.表达你对一件事情牢骚满腹的心情
21. When you get down to it指追究出最根底的原因
22. let someone off指放某人一马
23. I don’t know what came over me.我不知道自己是哪根筋不对。
24. I think you’re thinking of someone else.若谁认错人,或是记错人的时候,你就可以跟对方说
25. This is not how it looks.这句话是用来辟谣的,当有些事情看起来让人误会,而实情却不是表面那般,你就可以用上这句话
26. pass oneself off as...某人蒙混成……以过关”
27. be out of someone’s league league是指“联盟”. A be out of B’s league。这句话的'意思就是A的层级、能耐或是地位……都比B高出许多,非B所能及。若是使用在男女关系上,就是指“B配不上A”,若是使用在一般分胜负的情况,就是指“B比不上A”。
28. talk back talk back字面的意思是“说回去”,也就是“回嘴,顶嘴”的意思
29. spare no effort指“不惜血本,不计代价”
30. Would you cut it out,already?你到底是有完没完?
31. for crying out loud 跟for god’s sake一样,表示负面评价,犹如中文里“搞什么名堂!
32. for your information有着教训别人,或指别人搞不清楚状况
1. Hello! / Hi! 你好!
2. Good morning / afternoon / evening! 早晨(下午/晚上)好!
3. I'm Kelly. 我是凯莉。
4. Are you Tom? 你是汤姆吗?
5. Yes, I am. / No, I'm not. 是,我是。/ 不,我不是。
6. How are you? 你好吗?
7. Fine, thanks. And you? 很好,谢谢,你呢?
8. I'm fine, too. 我也很好。
9. How is Lily / your wife / your husband? 莉莉好吗?/你妻子好吗?/你丈夫好吗?
10. She is very well, thank you. 她很好,谢谢。
11. Good night,Sunny. 晚安,珊妮。
12. Good-bye, Mike. 再见,迈克。
13. See you tomorrow. 明天见。
14. See you later. 待会儿见。
15. I have to go now. 我必须走了。
二、Expression In Class 课堂用语
16. May I come in? 我能进来吗?
17. Come in, please. 请进。
18. Sit down, please. 请坐。
19. It's time for class. 上课时间到了。
20. Open your books and turn to page 20. 打开书,翻到第20页。
21. I'll call the roll before class. 课前我要点名。
22. Here! 到!
23. Has everybody got a sheet? 每个人都拿到材料了吗?
24. Any different opinion? 有不同意见吗?
25. Are you with me? 你们跟上我讲的了吗?
26. Have I made myself clear? 我讲明白了吗?
27. Could you say it again? 你能再说一遍吗?
28. Any questions? 有什么问题吗?
29. That's all for today. 今天就讲到这里。
30. Please turn in your paper before leaving. 请在离开前将论文交上。
三、Identifying Objects 辨别物品
31. What's this? 这是什么?
32. It's a pen. 是支笔。
33. Is this your handbag? 这是你的手提包吗?
34. No, it isn't. / Yes, it is. 不,它不是。/是的,它是。
35. Whose pen is this? 这是谁的笔?
36. It's Kate's. 是凯特的。
37. Is that a car? 那是一辆小汽车吗?
38. No, it isn't. It's a bus. 不,那是一辆公共汽车。
39. What do you call this in English? 这个用英语怎么说?
40. What is the color of your new book? 你的新书是什么颜色的?
41. How big is your house? 你的房子有多大?
42. How long is the street? 这条街有多长?
43. What's the name of the cat? 这猫叫什么名字?
44. Where's the company? 那个公司在哪儿?
45. Which is the right size? 哪个尺码是对的?
四、About Belongings 关于所有物
46. What's this? 这是什么?
47. It's an air-conditioner. 这是空调。
48. Is this yours? 这是你的吗?
49. Yes, it's mine. 是的,是我的。
50. Where are my glasses? 我的眼镜在哪儿?
51. Do you know where I've put my glasses? 你知道我把眼镜搁哪儿了吗?
52. Over there. 在那边。
53. On the desk. 在桌上。
54. Is this your pen? I found it under the desk. 这是你的笔吗?我在桌下捡的。
55. No. Mine is blue. 不是。我的是蓝的。
56. Which is your bag? 哪个是你的包?
57. The bigger one. 大些的那个。
58. The one on your right. 你右边的那个。
59. Are these books all yours? 这些书全是你的吗?
60. Some of them are mine. 一部分是我的。