1、These Things Shall Never Die 这些美好不会消逝
2、By --Charles Dickens/查尔斯.狄更斯
3、The pure.the bright,the beautiful, 一切纯洁的,辉煌的,美丽的,
4、That stirred our hearts in youth, 强烈地震撼着我们年轻的心灵的,
5、The impulses to wordless prayer, 推动着我们做无言的祷告的,
6、The dreams of love and truth; 让我们梦想着爱与真理的;
7、The longing after something's lost, 在失去后为之感到珍惜的,
8、The spirit's yearning cry, 使灵魂深切地呼喊着的,
9、The striving after better hopes- 为了更美好的梦想而奋斗着的-
10、These things can never die. 这些美好不会消逝。
11、The timid hand stretched forth to aid 羞怯地伸出援助的手,
12、A brother in his need, 在你的弟兄需要的时候,
13、A kindly word in grief's dark hour 伤恸、困难的时候,一句亲切的话
14、That proves a friend indeed ; 就足以证明朋友的真心;
15、The plea for mercy softly breathed, 轻声地乞求怜悯,
16、When justice threatens nigh, 在审判临近的时候,
17、The sorrow of a contrite heart- 懊悔的心有一种伤感--
18、These things shall never die. 这些美好不会消逝。
19、Let nothing pass for every hand 在人间传递温情
20、Must find some work to do ; 尽你所能地去做;
21、Lose not a chance to waken love- 别错失去了唤醒爱的良机-----
22、Be firm,and just ,and true; 为人要坚定,正直,忠诚;
23、So shall a light that cannot fade 因此上方照耀着你的.那道光芒
24、Beam on thee from on high. 就不会消失。
25、And angel voices say to thee---你将听到天使的声音在说-----
26、These things shall never die. 这些美好不会消逝。
27、my soul's the sky——my flying soul! 我的灵魂是太空!
28、the lightnight flare,the thunder roll, 电在闪呵雷在轰,
29、the sun and moon and stars go by, 日月群星在运动,
30、and great winds sweep my soul,the sky! 时而卷起大台风!
31、my brooding soul——my soul's the sea! 我的灵魂是大海!
32、the snaky weed,and whishing scree, 蛇样的藻响石崖,
33、the white wave's surge from pole to pole, 百浪涛天天接地,
34、and still green depth——the sea's my soul! 琉璃万顷身无界!
35、my soul's the spring——my loveing soul! 我的灵魂是阳春,
36、will dance,and leap,and drain the bowl踊跃狂饮爱之淳,
37、of love;and longing,twine and cling万事万物皆有情,
38、to all the world——my soul's the spring! 渴望,缠绵理不清。
39、my fevered soul!my soul's the town! 我的灵魂是市镇!
40、thro'flaring street goes up and down; 祭日之中驿站铃,
41、the bells of feast and traffic toll结成交响之乐音。
42、and maze their music in my soul. 我的灵魂太沉静,
43、my tranquil soul!my soul too wide天,春,镇,海比不赢!
44、for sky,or spring,town,or tide!
45、thou traveller to outer strand远游彼岸之太清——
46、of home serene——my soul so grand! 我的灵魂真雄浑!
47、"A friend walk in when the rest of the world walks out.""别人都走开的时候,朋友仍与你在一起。”
48、Sometimes in life, 有时候在生活中,
49、You find a special friend; 你会找到一个特别的朋友;
50、Someone who changes your life just by being part of it.他只是你生活中的一部分内容,却能改变你整个的生活。
51、Someone who makes you laugh until you can't stop;他会把你逗得开怀大笑;
52、Someone who makes you believe that there really is good in the world.他会让你相信人间有真情。
53、Someone who convinces you that there really is an unlocked door just waiting for you to open it.他会让你确信,真的有一扇不加锁的门,在等待着你去开启。
54、This is Forever Friendship. 这就是永远的友谊。
55、when you're down, 当你失意,
56、and the world http:///yanjianggao/seems dark and empty,当世界变得黯淡与空虚,
57、Your forever friend lifts you up in spirits and makes that dark and empty world suddenly seem bright and full.你真正的朋友会让你振作起来,原本黯淡、空虚的世界顿时变得明亮和充实。
58、Your forever friend gets you through the hard times,the sad times,and the confused times.你真正的朋友会与你一同度过困难、伤心和烦恼的时刻。
59、If you turn and walk away, 你转身走开时,
60、Your forever friend follows, 真正的朋友会紧紧相随,
61、If you lose you way, 你迷失方向时,
62、Your forever friend guides you and cheers you on.真正的朋友会引导你,鼓励你。
63、Your forever friend holds your hand and tells you that everything is going to be okay.真正的朋友会握着你的手,告诉你一切都会好起来的。
朗诵指清清楚楚的高声诵读,就是把文字作品转化为有声语言的创作活动。接下来为大家带来一篇英文
Today I shed my old skin which hath, too long, suffered the bruises of failure and the wounds of mediority.
Today I am born anew and my birthplace is a vineyard where there is fruit for all.
Today I will pluck grapes of wisdom from the tallest and fullest vines in the vineyard,for these were planted by the wisest of my profession who have come before me,generation upon generation.
Today I will savor the taste of grapes from these vines and verily I will swallow the seed of success buried in each and new life will sprout within me.
The career I have chosen is laden with opportunity yet it is fraught with heartbreak and despair and the bodies of those who have failed, were they piled one atop another, would cast a shadow down upon all the pyramids of the earth.
Yet I will not fail, as the others, for in my hands I now hold the charts which will guide through perilous waters to shores which only yesterday seemed but a dream.
Failure no longer will be my payment for struggle. Just as nature made no provision for my body to tolerate pain neither has it made any provision for my life to suffer failure. Failure, like pain, is alien to my life. In the past I accepted it as I accepted pain. Now I reject it and I am prepared for wisdom and principles which will guide me out of the shadows into the sunlight of wealth, position, and happiness far beyond my most extravagant dreams until even the golden apples in the Garden of Hesperides will seem no more than my just reward.
Time teaches all things to him who lives forever but I have not the luxury of eternity. Yet within my allotted time I must practice the art of patience for nature acts never in haste. To create the olive, king of all trees, a hundred years is required. An onion plant is old in nine weeks. I have lived as an onion plant. It has not pleased me. Now I wouldst become the greatest of olive trees and, in truth, the greatest of salesman.
And how will this be accomplished? For I have neither the knowledge nor the experience to achieve the greatness and already I have stumbled in ignorance and fallen into pools of self-pity. The answer is simple. I will commence my journey unencumbered with either the weight of unnecessary knowledge or the handicap of meaningless experience. Nature already has supplied me with knowledge and instinct far greater than any beast in the forest and the value of experience is overrated, usually by old men who nod wisely and speak stupidly.
In truth, experience teaches thoroughly yet her course of instruction devours men's years so the value of her lessons diminishes with the time necessary to acquire her special wisdom. The end finds it wasted on dead men. Furthermore, experience is comparable to fashion; an action that proved successful today will be unworkable and impractical tomorrow.
Only principles endure and these I now possess, for the laws that will lead me to greatness are contained in the words of these scrolls. What they will teach me is more to prevent failure than to gain success, for what is success other than a state of mind? Which two, among a thouand wise men, will define success in the same words; yet failure is always described but one way. Failure is man's inability to reach his goals in life, whatever they may be.
In truth, the only difference between those who have failed and those who have successed lies in the difference of their habits. Good habits are the key to all success. Bad habits are the unlocked door to failure. Thus, the first law I will obey, which precedeth all others is --I will form good habits and become their slave.
As a child I was slave to my impulses; now I am slave to my habits, as are all grown men. I have surrendered my free will to the years of accumulated habits and the past deeds of my life have already marked out a path which threatens to imprison my future. My actions are ruled by appetite, passion, prejudice, greed, love, fear, environment, habit, and the worst of these tyrants is habit. Therefore, if I must be a slave to habit let me be a slave to good habits. My bad habits must be destroyed and new furrows prepared for good seed.
I will form good habits and become their slave.
And how will I accomplish this difficult feat? Through these scrolls, it will be done, for each scroll contains a principle which will drive a bad habit from my life and replace it with one which will bring me closer to success. For it is another of nature's laws that only a habit can subdue another habit. So, in order for these written words to perform their chosen task, I must discipline myself with the first of my new habits which is as follows:
I will read each scroll for thirty days in this prescribed manner, before I proceed to the next scroll.
First, I will read the words in silence when I arise. Then, I will read the words in silence after I have partaken of my midday meal. Last, I will read the words again just before I retire at day's end, and most important, on this occasion I will read the words aloud.
On the next day I will repeat this procedure, and I will continue in like manner for thirty days. Then, I will turn to the next scroll and repeat this procedure for another thirty days. I will continue in this manner until I have lived with each scroll for thirty days and my reading has become habit.
And what will be accomplished with this habit? Herein lies the hidden secret of all man's accomplishments. As I repeat the words daily they will soon become a part of my active mind, but more important, they will also seep into my other mind, that mysterious source which never sleeps, which creates my dreams, and often makes me act in ways I do not comprehend.
As the words of these scrolls are consumed by my mysterious mind I will begin to awake, each morning, with a vitality I have never known before. My vigor will increase, my enthusiasm will rise, my desire to meet the world will overcome every fear I once knew at sunrise, and I will be happier than I ever believed it possible to be in this world of strife and sorrow.
Eventually I will find myself reacting to all situations which confront me as I was commanded in the scrolls to react, and soon these actions and reactions will become easy to perform, for any act with practice becomes easy.
Thus a new and good habit is born, for when an act becomes easy through constant repetiton it becomes a pleasure to perform and if it is a pleasure to perform it is man's nature to perform it often. When I perform it often it becomes a habit and I become its slave and since it is a good habit this is my will.
Today I begin a new life.
And I make a solemn oath to myself that nothing will retard my new life's growth. I will lose not a day from these readings for that day cannot be retrieved nor can I substitute another for it. I must not , I will not, break this habit of daily reading from these scrolls and, in truth, the few moments spent each day on this new habit are but a small price to pay for the happiness and success that will be mine.
As I read and re-read the words in the scrolls to follow, never will I allow the brevity of each scroll nor the simplicity of its words to cause me to treat the scroll's message lightly. Thousands of grapes are pressed to fill one jar with wine, and the grapeskin and pulp are tossed to the birds. So it is with these grapes of wisdom from the ages. Much has been filtered and tossed to the wind.Only the pure truth lies distilled in the words to come. I will drink as instructed and spill not a drop. And the seed of success I will swallow.
Today my old skin has become as dust. I will walk tall among men and they will know me not , for today I am a new man, with a new life.
翻译:
《今天,我天始新的生涯》
今天,我爬出满是失败创伤的老茧。
今天,我从新来到这个世上,我诞生在葡萄园中,海内的葡萄任人享受。
今天,我要从最高最密的藤上摘下智慧的果实,这葡萄藤是好几代前的智者种下的。
今天,我要品味葡萄的厚味,还要吞下每一位成功的种子,让新生命在我心里萌牙。
我取舍的道路充斥机会,也有辛酸与失望.失败的错误不可计数,叠在一起,比金字塔还高。
然而,我不会像他们一样失败,因为我手中持有航海图,可以领我超出汹涌的大海,到达梦中的此岸.
失败不再是我斗争的代价.它和苦楚都将从我的生命中消散。失败和我,就像水火一样,互不相容。我不再像过去一样接收它们。我要在智慧的指引下,走出失败的暗影,步入充裕、健康、快活的乐园,这些都超越了我以往的幻想. 我要是能永生不老,就可以学到所有,但我不能长生,所以,在有限的人生里,我必须学会忍受的艺术,因为大天然的行为一贯是不慌不忙的.造物主创造树中之王橄摊树需要一百年的时间,而洋葱经过短短的九个礼拜就会枯老.我不迷恋从前那种洋葱式的生活,我要成为万树之王——橄榄树,成为事实生活中最巨大的倾销员.
怎么可能?我既不广博的常识,又没有丰硕的'经验,况且,我曾一度跌入愚蠢与自怜的深渊.谜底很简略。我不会让所谓的知识或者经验妨碍我的行程.造物生已经赐赉我足够的知识和本能,这份禀赋是其它生物瞠乎其后的。经验的价值往往被高估了,人老的时候启齿讲的多是糊涂话.说切实的,经验确切能教给咱们良多货色,只是这需要消费太长的时间.等到人们失掉智慧的时候,其价值已跟着时间的消失而减少了.成果往往是这样,教训丰盛了,人也余生无多.经验和时尚有关,合适某一时期的行为,并不寻味着在今天依然行得通。
只有原则是长久的,而我当初正占有了这些原则.这些可以指引我走向成功的原则全写在这多少张羊皮卷里.它教我如何防止失败,而不仅是获得成功,因为成功更是一种精力状况.人们对于成功的定义,见仁见智,而失败却往往只有一种说明:失败就是一个人没能到达他的人生目的,不管这些目标是什么。
事实上,成功与失败的最大分野,来自不同的习惯。好习惯是开启成员的钥匙,坏习惯则是一扇向失败敞开的门。因此,我首先要做的便是养成良好的习惯,全心全意去实行。
小时候.我常会情感用事,长大成人了,我要用良好的习惯取代一时的激动。我的自在意志屈从于多年养成的恶习,它们要挟着我的前程。我的行动受到咀嚼、感情、成见、愿望、爱、胆怯、环境和习惯的影响,其中最厉害的就是习惯。因而.假如我必需受习惯安排的话,那就让我受好习惯的安排。那些坏习惯必须戒除,我要在新的地步里收获好的种子。 我要养成良好的习惯,全心全意去履行。
这不是轻而易举的事情,要怎么能力做到呢,靠这些羊皮卷就能做到。因为每~卷里都写着一个准则,能够摒除—项坏习惯,换取一个好习惯,使人提高,走向成功。这也是天然法令之一,只有一种习惯才干克制另一种习惯。所以,为了走好我抉择的途径,我必须养成的第一个习惯
每张羊皮卷用三十天的时间阅读,而后再进人下一卷。 凌晨即起,默默诵读;午饭之后,再次默读;夜晚睡前,高声朗诵。
第二天的情况完整一样。这样重复三十天后,就可以翻开下一卷了。每一卷都依照同样的方式读上三十天,长此以往,它们就成为一种习惯了。
这些习惯有什么利益呢?这里隐含着人类成功的秘诀。当我每天重复这些话的时候,它何成了我精神运动的一局部,更主要的是,它们渗透我的心灵。拥是个神秘的世界,永不静止,发明梦幻,在人不知鬼不觉中影响我的行为。
当这些羊皮卷上的文字,被我巧妙的心灵完全接收之后,我每天都会充满活气地醒来。我素来没有这样精神抖擞过。我更有活力,更有热忱,要向世界挑衅的欲望战胜了一切害怕与不安。在这个布满争斗和悲伤的世界里,我居然比以前更快乐。 最后,我会发明自己有了敷衍一切情形的措施。未几,这些方法就能应用自若.因为,任何办法,只有多训练,就会变得简单易行。
经由屡次反复,一种看似庞杂的行为就变得轻而易举,实施起来,就会有无穷的乐趣,有了乐趣,出于人之本性,我就更愿意常去实行。于是,一种好的习惯便出生了.习惯成为做作。既是一种好的习惯,也就是我的意原。
今天,我天始新的生活。
我慎重地起誓,毫不让任何事件妨害我新生命的成长。在阅读这些羊卷的时候,我绝不挥霍一天的时光,因为时间一去不返,失去的日子是无奈补充的。我也绝不攻破天天阅读的习惯。事实上,每天在这些新习惯上破费少许时间,相对可能取得的愉乐与成功而言,只是微不足道的代价。 当我阅读羊皮卷中的字句时,绝不能出为文字的精炼而疏忽内容的深厚。一瓶葡萄美酒须要千百颗果子酿制而成,果皮跟渣子抛给小鸟。葡萄的智慧代代相传,有些被过滤,有些被淘汰,随风飘逝。只有纯粹的真谛才是永恒的。它们就精炼在我要浏览的文字中。我要按照唆使,绝不糟蹋,饮下胜利的种子。
今天,我的老茧化为尘埃。我在人群中高视阔步,不会有人认出我来,由于我不再是从前的本人、我已领有新的性命。
1、For man is man and master of his fate.
人就是人,是自己命运的主人。
2、A lazy youth, a lousy age.
少壮不努力,老大徒伤悲。
3、Do one thing at a time, and do well.
一次只做一件事,做到最好!
4、Youth means limitless possibilities.
年轻就是无限的可能。
5、Knowledge makes humble, ignorance makes proud.
博学使人谦逊,无知使人骄傲。
6、Go for it! Just do it!
加油!向前冲!做了再说!
7、The shortest answer is doing.
最简短的回答就是行动。
8、If winter comes , can spring be far behind ?
冬天来了,春天还会远吗?
9、Sharp tools make good work.
工欲善其事,必先利其器。
10、Bad times make a good man.
艰难困苦出能人。
11、Journey of a thousand miles begins with single step.
千里之行,始于足下。
12、The first step is as good as half over.
第一步是最关键的一步。
13、Failure is the mother of success.
失败乃成功之母。
14、Genius is an infinite capacity for taking pains.
所谓的天才是不断地承受痛楚。
15、Difficult circumstances serve as a textbook of life for people.
困难坎坷是人们的生活教科书。
16、A man is only as good as what he loves.
一个人要用他所爱的东西有多好来衡量。
17、I know that my future is not just a dream.
我知道我的未来不是梦。
18、A mans best friends are his ten fingers.
人最好的朋友是自己的十个手指。
19、I will greet this day with love in my heart.
我要用全身心的爱来迎接今天。
20、The good seaman is known in bad weather.
惊涛骇浪,方显英雄本色。
21、Suffering is the most powerful teacher of life.
苦难是人生最伟大的老师。
22、If you are doing your best,you will not have to worry about failure.
如果你竭尽全力,你就不用担心失败。
23、True mastery of any skill takes a lifetime.
对任何技能的掌握都需要一生的刻苦操练。
24、There is no royal road to learning.
求知无坦途。
25、I am a slow walker,but I never walk backwards.
我走得很慢,但是我从来不会后退。
26、Where there is a will, there is a way.
有志者事竟成。
27、A man has two ears and one mouth that he may hear much and speak little.
人有两只耳朵一张嘴,就是为了多听少说话。
28、The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today .
实现明天理想的唯一障碍是今天的疑虑。
29、If the short cut to learning, it also must be diligent.
如果说学习有捷径可走,那也一定是勤奋。
30、Victory belongs to the most persevering.
坚持必将成功。
31、A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
双鸟在林不如一鸟在手。
32、Time is a bird for ever on the wing.
时间是一只永远在飞翔的鸟。
33、Nothing is impossible!
没有什么不可能!
34、When all else is lost the future still remains.
就是失去了一切别的,也还有未来。
35、Winners do what losers dont want to do.
胜利者做失败者不愿意做的事!
36、Adversity is the midwife of genius.
逆境造就天才。
37、Time is money.
时间就是金钱。
38、Every noble work is at first impossible.
每一个伟大的工程最初看起来都是不可能做到的!
39、Never a negative acknowledge why it is impossible.
永远也不要消极地认为什么事是不可能的。
40、What a man needs most is appreciated.
人性最深切的需求就是渴望别人的欣赏。
41、The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.
对明天做好的准备就是今天做到最好。
42、A girl because she had no shoes to cry, until she saw a man who had no feet.
一个女孩因为她没有鞋子而哭泣,直到她看见了一个没有脚的人。
43、The reason why a great man is great is that he resolves to be a great man.
伟人之所以伟大,是因为他立志要成为伟大的人。
44、Pursue your object, be it what it will, steadily and indefatigably.
不管追求什么目标,都应坚持不懈。
45、If you do not learn to think when you are young, you may never learn.
如果你年轻时不学会思考,那就永远不会。
46、A positive attitude may not think time and effort spent on the little things.
有积极心态的人不把时间精力花在小事情上。
47、Dont try so hard, the best things come when you least expect them to.
不要着急,最好的总会在最不经意的时候出现。
48、The world is like a mirror: Frown at itand it frowns at you; smile, and it smiles too.
世界犹如一面镜子:朝它皱眉它就朝你皱眉,朝它微笑它也朝你微笑。
49、Our greatest glory consists not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
我们最值得自豪的不在于从不跌倒,而在于每次跌倒之后都爬起来。
50、The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.
世界上对勇气的.最大考验是忍受失败而不丧失信心。
51、In our task at the beginning of mind decided finally had much success, which is more than any other factor is very important.
我们在一项任务刚开始时的心态决定了最后有多大的成功,这比任何其他因素都重要。
52、When we start with a positive attitude and view themselves as successful when we start a success.
当我们开始用积极的心态并把自己看成成功者时我们就开始成功了。
53、Dont aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.
如果你想要成功,不要去追求成功;尽管做你自己热爱的事情并且相信它,成功自然到来。
54、The talent of success is nothing more than doing well whatever you do without a thought of time.
成功之路没它,唯全力投入工作,而不稍存沽名钓誉之心。
55、Those who turn back never reach the summit.
回头的人永远到不了最高峰!
56、You cannot improve your past, but you can improve your future. Once time is wasted, life is wasted.
你不能改变你的过去,但你可以让你的未来变得更美好。一旦时间浪费了,生命就浪费了。
57、How do we treat the life, the life how we treat.
我们怎样对待生活,生活就怎样对待我们。
58、Do not, for one repulse, forgo the purpose that you resolved to effort.
不要只因一次挫败,就放弃你原来决心想达到的目的。
59、While there is life there is hope.
一息若存,希望不灭。
60、Great works are performed not by strength , but by perseverance.——Samuel Johnson
完成伟大的事业不在于体力,而在于坚韧不拔的毅力。——英国作家和评论家约翰逊